Saturday, February 05, 2005

The Purpose of this Blog

The purpose of this blog is to document a journey that I want to go on. I have been hearing and reading so much about affiliate programs over the last year or so I finally thought that I would jump onboard. But one of the first things that I noticed is that there isn't a lot of good information out there about affiliate programs. At least not for the beginner like myself.

Engraved upon a column at Delphi was the maxim: "Know yourself." I am a complete beginner at this. That is who I am. But I am hoping that as I learn and apply my new found knowledge I can learn and help the next person that comes along and wants to do this.

I have been an online seller of vintage collectibles for a couple of years and I am familiar with online selling and what goes into that. So I thought I would see if I could create a space online to have a conversation with other interested beginners like myself. It is a curious phenomenon that you can sometimes learn more form a beginner then you can from the so called experts.

And if you are an expert you may find it humorous, to watch me flail. But I would also hope that you don't just laugh, but also share any knowledge that you might have.

So, I hope you will come along with me on this journey. I'd like your input to help guide if you can. If nothing else you can help me by clicking on some of the links that I will provide and coming back and telling me your thoughts.

Topics that I plan to write about in this blog.

Various Affiliate programs
Tools used by affiliates
Places to get information
News in the affiliate world

2 comments:

Blogger said...

Hello,
I am doing the same thing you are. My blog is http://diaryofanaffiliate.blogspot.com. Glad I found yours, and I hope we can both achieve financial success. Keep me posted.
Sarah

Unknown said...

I have just started getting interested in this. I will try and keep in touch with your blog so I can learn more.Brenda