Monday, February 07, 2005

The long and winding road....

To let you know where I am at in my journey I thought I should tell you what I am doing, and what I have done so far.

I've started three blogs so far. And my plan is to generate interest and drive traffic via these blogs. I figured that I would do best to generate my own content. Because conventional wisdom is that content is king. And I am thinking that the content that I generate will be the best that I can get. So far I just want to write about what I know and I am hoping that will generate some traffic.

I choose blogs for their ease of set up and use. It seems to me that you can have a blog up and running in a matter of weeks. All told I have spent about eight hours of work on this blog. And for eight hours of work it looks OK. It is of course cookie cutter which I realize is a short coming, but it also has been easy and requires minimum set up.

As for Affiliate programs so far I have chosen Amazon, eBay, uBid.com, Liquidation.com (make sure that you spell this correctly there is another site Liqudation.com that tries to down load some spy ware to your computer) , and Booksamillion.com. I also am using Google's AdSense.

The Amazon.com Affiliate program is a standalone program. That means that it is administered by Amazon and not through an Affiliate Provider. Amazon has a special web site for affiliates that allows them to track their progress and the number of clicks and actual sells that they have received.

The eBay, uBid, Liquidation.com and Booksamillion.com programs I entered through the Commission Junction Affiliate Provider. They provide software that allows affiliates, and companies that advertise via affiliates to track
and monitor their programs.

I have been learning how to create the needed links to place various ads on my blogs.

I am under the impression that if I continue this experiment for about six months, maybe I will generate some income through it. And we can all learn something.


Interesting Article Titled: Web Feeds, Blogs & Search Engines

This article seems to be saying what I have been thinking. It asserts that because blogs are so easy to publish and search engine friendly that they are better then having a web site.

We will just have to see.

As of today, my three blogs have all had 248 impressions and one click.

No comments: